LISTEN UP YOU LIL SHITS
IF YOU HAVE SCHOOL TOMORROW
JUST KNOW THAT YOU CAN FUCKING DO IT
YOU CAN MAKE IT THROUGH THE DAY
YOU WILL MAKE NEW FRIENDS AND MEETING NEW PEOPLE ISN’T AS BAD AS IT SEEMS
YOU WILL GET THROUGH THIS YEAR WITHOUT DYING, I PROMISE
NOW GO GET ‘EM
this definitely made my day
u are welcome uwu
Sergeant Phelps worked for General Eisenhower. Four decades after Eisenhower had defeated the Axis powers, Phelps recalled an extraordinary event. One day, the general told her, “I’m giving you an order to ferret those lesbians out. We’re going to get rid of them.”
“I looked at him and then I looked at his secretary who was standing next to me, and I said, ‘Well, sir, if the general pleases, sir, I’ll be happy to do this investigation for you. But you have to know that the first name on the list will be mine.’ “
“And he was kind of taken aback a bit. And then this women standing next to me said, ‘Sir, if the General pleases, you must be aware that Sergeant Phelp’s name may be second, but mine will be first.”
“Then I looked at him, and said, ‘Sir, you’re right. They’re lesbians in the WAC battalion. And if the general is prepared to replace all the file clerks, all the section commanders, all the drivers-every woman in the WAC detachment-and there were about nine hundred and eighty something of us-then I’ll be happy to make that list. But I think the general should be aware that among those women are the most highly decorated women in the war. There have been no cases of illegal pregnancy. There have been no cases of AWOL. There have been no cases of misconduct. And as a matter of fact, every six months since we’ve been here, the general has awarded us a commendation for meritorious conduct.”
“And he said, ‘Forget the order.’”
The Gay Metropolis, page 47, Charles Kaiser (via bibliothekara)
Phelps tells this story herself in the excellent 1984 documentary Before Stonewall, which you can watch in its entirety on YouTube (she’s at 19:30, but really, watch the whole thing): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX7AxQd82H8
This makes me laugh every time I see it.
I understand this is not a piece of news of people in war, showing images of the injured bleeding or dying, and Hong Kong is probably a place too small to hold your attention, but please hear me out.
There are more than 7 million people living in this city and their rights and freedom are being eroded so quickly that they may lose their basic human rights very soon.
I’m NOT exaggerating. In the past year ALONE, the Chinese government has become so irritated with the former British colony’s cry for freedom and basic human rights (which they have enjoyed for decades under the British rule) that:
- they allegedly stabbed a veteran Hong Kong journalist for his criticism against the central Chinese government [x]
- there has been a sharp increase in censorship in media and press [x][x]
- in June, they completely re-interpreted the promise of “one country, two systems” to Hong Kong, reminding HK of China’s full control [x]
- more than 500,000 protesters took over the streets on July 1 in HK, asking for a real universal suffrage [x], but China completely ignored the voice of the people and had the pro-China police counted the number as 98,000 instead [x]. And they arrested the organizers [x]
- the police arrested hundreds of students after the July 1 protest, who were only there for a peaceful sit-in in the middle of the night and they promised to leave in the morning. But the police arrested all of them, with unnecessary force and violence. [x]
- TODAY, the Chinese government completely ruled out the discussed universal suffrage in Hong Kong [x], warning foreign countries not to meddle with her affairs [x], and even sent in their military into Hong Kong a couple of days ago. [x]
The Hong Kong people need help from outside of China, because:
- Hong Kong does not have its own army.
- Its government has no real power and anyway, the government officials are all puppets of the Chinese government.
- Britain is in a special position since she cosigned the Joint Declaration with China and theoretically she should help [x] but Cameron actually refused to speak with the Hong Kong’s representatives when they flew to London in July [x], wanting to keep a good business relationship with Beijing instead.
China has lied to Hong Kong over and over again, and they’re trying to do what they’ve done to Tibet. Every day, there are 150 immigrants from China to Hong Kong, but Hong Kong does not have a say on who can move in. China is trying to “dilute” the population in Hong Kong, eventually turning it into its puppet when there are more immigrants from the mainland China than the “old Hong Kongers”. It has already caused a lot of problems including the smugglers between the borders have increased 7 fold in just 4 years, a lot of new immigrants are here just to get the welfare but never work, a lot of local businesses have closed down to accommodate the needs of the mainland Chinese “tourists” (smugglers), with shops’ rents going up 10 times in one year just to force the local businesses to go away. There are lots and lots of other problems in Hong Kong that are caused by the Chinese government and the influx of the mainlanders (Chinese from mainland China) but if the problem can be solved on the political level, the social issues can be worked on.
The people in Hong Kong needs your help. The Hong Kong government does not help its own people because it’s too busy licking the boots of China. Hong Kong can only be saved by the international pressure and awareness, so that the Chinese government cannot feel like they can do whatever they want, including taking away HKers’ basic human rights.
Please reblog and let everybody know about the situation in Hong Kong.
if i ever misgender you:
- it is not on purpose i promise
- im very sorry
- tell me your correct pronouns and ill use them
- spray me with cold water
Lucien Carr was a beautiful, bright, privileged, and adventurous boy, charmed by Arthur Rimbaud, the precocious poet obsessed with alienation and symbolism. Lucien enjoyed quoting Rimbaud.
"I think a lot of people like to see gender as this scale of blue and pink," Emma, a 20-year-old college student, told the magazine. "I never really identified with either side of that, or even in between blue and pink. It’s so much more complicated — my identity varies so much on any given day. Sometimes I tell people I’m gold or something."
I appreciate that it includes a bit from the original article, which clarifies:
"This growing community encompasses people who see themselves as agender (neither male nor female), bi-gender (both genders) and gender-fluid (shifting from male to female)."
THIS IS SERIOUSLY THE FIRST TIME I HAVE SEEN A PHOTO SET OF AGENDER PEOPLE ON THIS SITE!!!
*BOUNCES UP AND DOWN IN EXCITEMENT*
as usual there’s some gross comments so don’t scroll too far down past the article but this is otherwise good
"you dont look gay though"
SHIT did I forget my rainbow at home AGAIN
"Some things, once you’ve loved them, become yours forever. And if you try to let them go they only circle back and return to you. They become part of who you are.. or they destroy you." - Kill Your Darlings (2013)